|Brand Name||South Shore|
|Reviews||Read Customer Reviews|
This South Shore Smart Basics small desk is the perfect answer to organizing clutter in your child's room. The pure white small desk features a compact design, yet includes space for everything needed for schoolwork and projects. A low hutch offers shelving for books or keepsakes and the spacious desktop offers plenty of room to spread out homework or house a laptop.Underneath, a shelf keeps a computer keyboard ready for use until it's needed. Flexible storage options include a drawer and two open shelves that offer room for a CPU, writing supplies and paper.
- PERFECT FOR SMALLER SPACES. The compact design of the Smart Basics desk includes all the space you need for a well-organized workspace, thanks to its open and closed storage spaces and keyboard tray. The work surface is great for laying out homework or a laptop and other items.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE. The Smart Basics collection always includes convenient ways to maximize storage. This desk features a drawer and slide-out keyboard tray, plus a lower open area divided by an adjustable shelf. Above the roomy desk, there’s a 40” long, 6” deep shelf.
- CLEAN, CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: The Smart Basics collection keeps lines straight and modern so you can keep things simple. This desk will match other decor easily, including other pieces from the Smart Basics collection.
- 5-YEAR LIMITED GUARANTEE: South Shore is proud to stand behind this office desk - modern design - keyboard tray and one drawer with an exclusive 5-year limited guarantee. Shop with confidence knowing your purchase is always covered.
- EASY ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS: All products come with a clear assembly document that will guide you through all steps. If you have any questions during the assembly do not hesitate to contact South Shore Furniture for immediate support. This item is shipped in 1 box, make sure to have a friend with you
Great for a little room
I got this desk for my 8 year old daughter. She loved. Is very steady and have a lot the space for her books and draws. Fits nice under her loft bed and still extra space.Cupcake05
I bought this with the typical expectation that I usually have with this type of furnishing. The desk is quite heavy (81 pounds shipping weight). The pre-drilled holes all matched well. It utilizes a locking pin and cam system to join the pieces. This is an improved design over the previous version I have used in the past. The pin just pushes in and when the cam engages it, it flares out the bottom, locking it in. Very nice. Fit and finish were as expected. Some areas the gaps were larger than others and minor flaws in the paint were visible. No deal breakers there. The instructions were well laid out except for one diagram showing a piece larger than it actually was. This caused some confusion but logic prevailed. I would recommend this for student desk or basic workstation. Not attractive but not ugly. Utilitarian all the way. When describing this desk the key word is "value".robran
Great student desk!
The desk arrived very promptly and was in good shape. One small ding on the top but hardly noticeable. The desk is sturdy and very easy to assemble. We opted to not install the pull out drawer since it wouldn't be needed. We used that piece of wood to create a hanging chalkboard. The top shelf of the desk is not secured to the desk. It sits on top and is held in place by wood dowels. Just as a precaution I used straight metal brackets to attach it to the main body of the desk. Just remember to watch the size screws you use. The desk is made of compressed MDF and can crack. We also used a couple of wall shelf supports that I attached to the top desk shelf to create bookends. All in all the desks look great and provided more than ample room for homework, crafts, etc. I am very happy with them both.Mimi83
Fair, but satisfied
Beware of confusion. I say this because when you receive this, they literally send you piece by piece and nothing is connected at all. Every piece you are to put together yourself. This was pretty confusing at first due to the directions not being very specific but after an hour and 30 minutes we got it together. This desk isn't the best but it does its purpose. I bought this for $102 and the price does say it all. Its not the best but not the worst. After putting this together i noticed the drawer was a little crooked, due to being the way its the way its shaped. The lines on the side arent straight. This isn't high quality but if you're just looking for something to place books and do some work on then this will be good. Although I do wish I would have of kept looking because of the crooked edges.. Other than that it fit my needs.. perfect size for small amount of space and a work area.Vivienne
Great Computer Desk for the Space.
I always wanted a computer desk. This met my expectation - not to mention the way it looks. It matches my furniture - just the way I need it to. I only had a little space to work with and this does was more than plenty for me. Perfect storage space and book space.Creativeone79